Friday, January 29, 2010

New thoughts on the toothpaste clamp

This week in my IST class, I learned about different ways in which the world wide web could be a very important and extremely helpful tool to help out my product. As of now, there area few products that are similar to the toothpaste clamp but nothing would be quite like the one we are producing. Many of out competitors have big contraptions that would take up a lot of space on the counter and even more space in the drawer. Ours would be small, inexpensive and easy to use.

By using the Internet, I was able to find our competition with similar products. I would create advertisements using sites, especially social media sites and ones that get many hits per day in hopes of spreading awareness of my new and innovative product. Any sites that any of my competition are on, I would make sure to have a bigger, constantly changing add that would keep the consumer eye drawn to my add as opposed to the others.

I also think that the toothpaste clamp could benefit greatly from some use of a twitter account. I think that twitter is becoming a very popular site that people check and submit updates to very often and having thetoothpasteclamp posting updates about upcoming products and promotions could only help the product sales! I would also make use of the twitpic application to show people what the toothpasteclamp would look like and maybe some cool logos and designs we're thinking about for the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment